- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (1 1/2sticks), cut into small pieces
- 5 to 6 tablespoons ice water
- 1 egg white to brush on the pastry.
- 1/4 cup white sugar to sprinkle on before baking
For the filling: you need 1 package of Real cream cheese and one package of guava paste. Mix the softened cream cheese with 1 tbl real vanilla flavoring.
- Combine the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl and stir briefly. Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it’s in pea-size pieces that are slightly yellow in color, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drizzle in 5 tablespoons of the ice water and mix just until the dough comes together. (Add the last tablespoon of ice water if necessary, but don’t overwork the dough or it’ll become tough.)
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour before shaping into little balls then rolling them out to 1/4 of an inch thick. You should have about 9 dough balls to make 9 pastries.
- Pre-heat oven to 400
Slice off some guava paste and put on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Order a Authentic, moist and rum filled black cake from Chef Sweet T.
Fast delivery and free icing. www.jamaicanblackcakes.com