One of the Best Jamaican Fruit cakes you could eat!
Sweet T's Jamaican Black Cakes are not only delicious they are also healthy for you too. All of these natural ingredients have been use from hundreds of years ago to make the original plum pudding. The Benefits of consuming these ingredients are still important and maybe even more so today. Order your Healthy Jamaican Black Cake Now!
Health benefits of Plum
- Delicious, fleshy, succulent plums are low in calories (46 calories per 100 g) and contain no saturated fats; however, contain numerous health promoting compounds, minerals and vitamins.
- Certain health benefiting compounds present in the plum fruits, such as dietary fiber, sorbitol, and isatin are known to help regulate the functioning of the digestive system and thereby relieve constipation conditions.
- Plums are plentiful in minerals like potassium, fluoride and iron. Iron is required for red blood cell formation. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- In addition, the berries are moderate sources in B-complex groups of vitamins such as niacin, vitamin B-6 and pantothenic acid. These vitamins are acting as co-factors help the body metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats. They also provide about 5% RDA levels of vitamin K. Vitamin K is essential for many clotting factors function in the blood as well as in bone metabolism and help reduce Alzheimer's disease in the elderly.
Health Benefits Of Cherries
- Cherries are one of the very low calorie fruits; yet are rich source of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Both sweet as well as tart Cherries are packed with numerous health benefiting compounds that are essential for well being..
- Research studies also suggest that tart cherries are help body to fight against cancers, aging and neurological diseases and pre-diabetes.
- Cherry fruits are very rich in stable anti-oxidant melatonin. Melatonin can cross the blood-brain barrier easily and produces soothing effects on the brain neurons, calming down nervous system irritability, which helps relieve neurosis, insomnia and headache conditions.
- They are also good source of minerals such as potassium, iron, zinc, copper and manganese. Potassium is a heart-healthy mineral; an important component of cell and body fluids that regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
- Anti-inflammatory property of cherries has been found effective in reducing heart disease risk factors by scavenging action against free radicals.
Health Benefits Of Citrus Peel
Citrus fruit for making mix peel. Sweet T's black cake.
- Peel is rich source of dietary fiber also known as NSP (non soluble polysaccharides) like hemi-cellulose, pectin, tannins, gum…etc. These compounds increase bulk of the food and helps prevent constipation by reducing gastro-intestinal transit time. They also bind to toxins in the food which helps to protect the mucus membrane of gut and thus cuts colon cancer risk. Furthermore, dietary fibers bind to bile salts (produced from cholesterol) and decrease their re-absorption, thus help lower serum LDL cholesterol levels.
- Peel is low in calories, sugar, and fats; and is from cholesterol. It adds to the bulk of the food and helps cut down overall food intake.
- Nevertheless, the peel of some fruits contains considerable amounts of mineral and vitamins, especially in guava and citrus fruits. Certain fruits peel like in orange contains more vitamin C (ascorbic acid) than its juice. The peel provides 136 mg per 100 g of vitamin C whereas the same in its pulp is just about 71 mg. Likewise the peel is rich source of vitamin A, B-complex vitamins, minerals such as calcium, selenium, manganese, zinc...etc several fold more than its pulp.